Harbour Houses, Burry Port Guest Terms and Conditions
1. Booking confirmation
Thank you for visiting www.harbourhousesburryport.com (the Website). By making a booking request for a property on the Website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms).
If you make a booking request through the Website, Harbour Houses, Burry Port will contact you within two working days to advise confirmation or non-acceptance of the booking request. Acceptance will be at our sole discretion.
Should we not accept a booking request, we will refund any accommodation costs, bond and booking fee paid by you. (The money will leave us immediately upon cancellation but can take up to 5 working days for your credit card provider / bank to return to your account.)
2. Booking Periods and Minimum Nights
7 nights during main holiday periods.
3 nights at all other times
Reduced nights may be considered within 2 weeks of the Holiday periods.
3. Persons on Booking and Maximum Persons
Bookings must not exceed the maximum number of people specified on the property listing, regardless of the number of beds available at the property.
Should the booking request not be accepted due to the number of persons in the group exceeding the maximum allowed on the property and / or the time period, any monies collected from the proposed rental guest will be refunded less the non refundable booking fee of £30.
No more than 6 adults may stay at the property.
The booking is valid for the number of persons and group configuration as indicated on the booking request. Any changes to the booking should be communicated to and agreed by us (Harbour Houses, Burry Port), in writing, so as to ensure the booking remains valid.
4. Cancellations and booking changes
◦ If the booking is cancelled by the rental guest or reduced nights requested before the start of the tenancy, any accommodation costs and booking fee paid shall be forfeited with no refund due.
◦ If you cancel the booking after the final payment due date, you remain liable for the balance of funds due for the tenancy.
◦ Should we be able to re-rent the days cancelled or reduced, we will refund the applicable monies paid for the nights re-rented, less a 15% admin fee. The guest is responsible for contacting us no later than 21 days after the original commencement of the canceled or reduced booking to ascertain eligibility for a re-rental refund.
◦ Premature departure during a booking will not be eligible for any refunds.
Please note that we recommend you take out Travel Cancellation Insurance at the time you make your booking. This will protect you and your group for a range of unforeseen situations.
5. Person making the booking present for stay
You, as the person making the booking, must be present and onsite at the property throughout the stay, unless previously agreed in writing by us.
6. Rent and Bond
A 30% deposit and non-refundable booking fee are payable to us at the time of submitting the booking request.
The balance of rent and bond are due:
◦ 30 days prior to the start of your stay.
The bond will be refunded within seven working days of the end of your stay provided that:
◦ the property is left neat and tidy and in the same condition in which it was found;
◦ no items need repair or replacement; and
◦ there has been no other breach of these Terms.
Rates for a Property are valid and applicable at the time of booking, regardless of whether they are subsequently changed. Additional rates may appear under the special conditions of a specific property, which will apply in addition to the nightly rental rate.
7. Key Collection and property access
You should contact us prior to your arrival to ensure the property is opened, cleaned, and ready for your arrival.
8. Check in and out time
Check in time: 3.00pm Check out time: 10.00am
Final confirmation of early check-ins and late checkouts will not be available until the day of the arrival or checkout depending on other bookings for the property.
If an early arrival or late checkout is permitted, a surcharge of 25% of the nightly rental rate will be payable. Departures after 5.00pm will be charged a full night’s rental.
9. Cleaning and rubbish
The property must be left clean and tidy and in the same condition in which it was found. Otherwise, you will be charged for the extra time required for cleaning.
Harbour Houses offers a cleaning service at the following rates: –
£15 per hour for standard cleaning, washing, laundering
£20 per hour for abnormal or unreasonable cleaning and odour removal
£10 per hour for rubbish and recycling removal
Costs will be deducted from the bond.
◦ £50 for lost keys (new locks and replacement keys required)
◦ £30 per hour to organise third parties to rectify a situation or if holiday manager has to conduct remedial work themselves at the house to sort out issues arising from guests negligence or misuse during stay
◦ Missing or damaged linen at replacement cost
◦ Handling fee of 10% of the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or missing items
10. Other Rules
In addition to anything else stated in these Terms, a breach of the following rules will result in bond forfeiture, possible eviction from the property and/or up to £1,000 being charged per occurrence:
◦ Smoking on the property.
◦ Taking pets into the property
◦ Undue nuisance or noise to neighbours or the local community.
◦ Use of illegal substances or conduct of illegal activities at the property
◦ Anything that could invalidate the insurance policy for the property.
◦ Moving or re-arranging furniture.
◦ Cutting keys or obtaining remote door controls for the property.
◦ Tampering with smoke alarms.
◦ Booking on behalf of another person without intending to be at the property during the stay.
◦ Abuse, including verbal or physical, of Harbour Houses representatives, the owner or or the
Should you be evicted from the property, all amounts paid will be forfeited and the holiday manager may remain on-site at the property as you ready for departure.
11. Reporting a complaint
Should you have any issues with the property during your stay, you should notify us immediately.
If the property becomes unavailable for any reason out of our control after booking request is confirmed, we will cancel the booking and refund the relevant accommodation, bond and booking fee monies paid. We will not accept any further liability in connection with the unavailability of the property after booking.
You will advise us before your departure of any loss or damage that has occurred at the property during your stay. You will be responsible for the full costs, including time spent repairing or replacing any damaged or lost items.
We will not be liable for any event beyond our reasonable control, or for any loss or damage you or any other person suffers during your stay, or for any damage to the property.
These Terms are for the benefit of, and are intended to be enforceable by the Property owner under the laws of England and Wales.